- Give a few hours of your time. If you are interested in joining a great bunch of folks in the fight against hunger, we have a number of volunteer opportunities. Volunteers needed. . .
- Pick up CTFB order on Tuesday at 1:30p.m. Big cars appreciated!
- Distribute to clients every Thursday or Friday morning (2hour max)
- Distribute to clients every first Saturday of the month (signing up groups now)
- Work on special projects or events.
- Use your special skills for the cause.
Please contact Stephanie Humphreys, Hope Food Pantry Austin Executive Director, by email: info@HopeFoodPantryAustin.org.
Make a contribution to help purchase food:
$7 provides 4 days worth of groceries to a family of four. Please consider a donation that is comfortable for you. Send all donations to attention:
Hope Food Pantry Austin
Austin, Texas 78751
Or donate online:
Your donation will show “Hope Food Pantry” in the Designate my donation box.
Double your donation in November and December at Natural Grocers at 3901 Guadalupe St., 10515 N. Mopac, & 1335 E. Whitestone Blvd.
Randall’s Remarkable card holders: place #3830 on your card and donate to Hope. A Randall’s employee can help you.
Coordinate a Food/Fund Drive:
The largest variety of food Hope distributes comes from community food drives – AND YOU CAN HELP! Food collected will be sorted and distributed to over 1000 individuals in one month. Children and adults both, find themselves short of food all year round , not just over the holiday season.
Organize a food drive of your own through your business, school, club, church or organization. Listed below are some tips:
1.Create a theme e.g.: Summer Lunches, Baby bonanza, Healthy start, Family Dinners, Staples etc. It helps participants to focus on just a few items rather than everything. The staples we focus on at the pantry are canned vegetables and fruits, pasta and sauce, rice and beans, cereal and soups, bread, meat, tuna, and peanut butter. You can choose a few items, work off a theme and let participants decide, or list all the staple items. Have fun with it!!!!!
2. Set a timeline and deadline.
3. Market your food/fund drive by posters, flyers, announcements etc. Any way to get the word out.
4. Have marked boxes in central locations for people to drop off their goods. Hope has boxes if you need them.
5. Give at least a week’s time to collect items
6. Coordinate the delivery of your items.
Email Stephanie Humphreys at info@HopeFoodPantryAustin.org to get help setting it up.
Hope is located at 4001 Speedway and is housed in the Trinity Church. The main entrance of the church is on 40th street.